Σάββατο 31 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH



"Lifes One Big Party Thrown Here By God,
We All Get Invitations If We Like It Or Not"





W.A.S.P's eighth album, STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH, was released internationally during June 1995. It would not be until one year later, August '96, that STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH makes it's U.S. debut on Castle Records. The U.S. release featured four bonus tracks "One Tribe", "Skinwalker", as well as covers of Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down", and AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie". Ironically, STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH was originally slated for release as a Blackie Lawless solo album but due to the heavy content, Blackie changed his mind and released it as a W.A.S.P. album. Produced by Blackie and engineered & mixed by Mikey Davis, STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH features Bob Kulick on lead guitar, Frankie Banali on drums, Mark Joesphson on electric violin, Tracey Whitney/K.C. Calloway on background vocals, current W.A.S.P. drummer Stet Howland adding additional percussion, and of course Blackie on guitar/bass/keyboards/ and vocals.
"Although I do not consider this a "Conceptual" record there are some common threads that run throughout the piece," explains Blackie Lawless on STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH's liner notes. "This record picks up where the "Crimson Idol" left off. I have stated on numerous occasions that THE CRIMSON IDOL has taken me on a bizarre journey, one that I wasn't sure I wanted to repeat anytime soon....But the journey goes on. Not one of a suicidal icon, but of myself, and when I look back on THE CRIMSON IDOL I see far more similiarites between Jonathan and myself that I would have ever allowed myself to believe at the time I wrote it. Naive as it may sound, it's true. I was hiding behind Jonathan because I didn't want to admit it to myself, much less the rest of the world."
SINGLES RELEASED OFF W.A.S.P. - STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH
Black Forever/Goodbye America

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: