Πέμπτη 29 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

THE LAST COMMAND

"A thousand years I've roamed the plains
And waved the hand of doom"


W.A.S.P - THE LAST COMMAND
Released: October 1985 - Capitol Records
1985 saw W.A.S.P. release their second album, THE LAST COMMAND. Produced by Spencer Proffer, the super-charged sophomore effort would reach #49 on the Billboard album chart. Prior to releasing THE LAST COMMAND, W.A.S.P. released the single "Blind In Texas," as an early taste of the eagerly awaited follow-up. The four man crime spree of Lawless/ Holmes/ Piper/ Riley worked hard, toured hard, and played hard. A liner note on the inside of THE LAST COMMAND, which one could interpret as a reflection of the band's state of mind, warned: Don't Drive Drunk Or Blind.... in Texas or anywhere else....
It was during a 1985 Kerrang interview with Dante Bonutto that Blackie Lawless revealed- "The first album I still like a lot. I think it's great for what it was; it has a lot of energy and it was designed to be a fun record, but this, this record is a listening record.... God, I sang my ass off on this record, I really did!
It took me six hours to put the vocals on "Wild Child"- I did it all in one session- and it's the most painful thing I've ever done vocally in my life. I was like a dish rag by the time I finished and it took me about a week to recover."
SINGLES RELEASED OFF W.A.S.P. - THE LAST COMMAND
Wild Child
Blind In Texas




DIGITALLY RE-MASTERED VERSION:
Released: 1997 - Snapper Music
Also features the following live tracks recording at the Lyceum Ballroom,
London (Oct 1984)

* On Your Knees * Hellion * Sleeping (in the Fire) * Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)
* I Wanna Be Somebody


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: